FINE ARTS MISSION STATEMENT
Although a dramatic production may not necessarily occur in the context of public worship, the content of our shows may often communicate a spiritually edifying message. While not all dramatic productions may be overt in their message, it is our goal to select plays for performance which will elicit discussion and spiritual growth.
Through our plays, we hope to make our audiences happy or to otherwise touch the emotions. This is a special ministry to people and a blessing to be able to use one’s talents to bring glory to our Creator even as we bring joy to His people
As with all co-curricular activities at GCA, drama has an educational objective. Our performers and crew learn and improve their skills of acting, singing, and choreography, deepening their own understanding of the human condition by portraying complex characters. All students who participate learn the importance of teamwork, commitment, and encouragement. Philosophies of the Greenwood
Christian Academy Theatre Arts Department
- First and foremost, we exist to glorify God.
- We strive to create a legacy driven by expanding knowledge and enhancing preparation for life.
- Using our newly developed skills, we can build a stronger department based upon our love for our craft.
- In turn, we become an organization devoted to giving back as much or more as we receive.
- A Theatre is a Temple where Art is created—it should be treated with Reverence and Respect.
- A Theatre is where Plays are performed, not for play.
- Theatre is a place to escape the problems of life—not to let them interfere with the process of creation.
- Take care of your Theatre—it will take care of you.
- Taking good care of oneself is important for retaining one’s good health while dealing with the vigorous stress of production.
- Having fun in Theatre comes from putting forth effort, being disciplined, and doing the job correctly. The rewards are ten fold compared to being adequate, sliding by, or just pulling it off.