Greenwood Christian Academy
In cases of inclement weather or other emergencies, school may be canceled, delayed, or closed early.
- Much consideration goes into closing school. Our foremost concern is the safety of our students; however, the school’s families come from several different communities, and weather and road conditions can be different. If, in your area, the weather is bad or the roads are hazardous and school is still in session, do not hesitate to keep your children home. he absence shall be considered excused with parent notification.
- GCA does not follow public school closing. Please check local listings. The administration will attempt to notify stations by 6:15 a.m.
- There may be times when the opening f school is delayed for two hours. This is done when school officials think (or hope) that the weather conditions will clear up later in the morning. To be on the safe side, however, it is suggested that parents listen to their TV again on these mornings at around 9:00 a.m. or 9:30 a.m. to see if the school has changed its “delayed opening” to being “closed all day.”
- Weather or other emergencies could cause school to be closed early in the day. School officials check weather reports carefully during the school day. When closing school early, GCA may need to call the people designated as “emergency contacts” on the student’s emergency card to get the student a ride home. BE SURE THE OFFICE HAS AN UPDATED EMERGENCY NUMBER TO CALL IF STUDENTS ARE DISMISSED EARLY.
- Do not confuse Greenwood Christian “Academy” with Greenwood Christian “School.”
Following a school cancellation, delayed start, or early dismissal decision, GCA will use the following forums to notify parents:
- Text Alert emergency syste (Instructions below)
- GCA websit (www.gcak12.org)
- Social Medi (https://www.facebook.com/GreenwoodChristianAcademy/)
- Local new (CBS, NBC, ABC, and FOX affiliates)
In the event of a two hour delay, please note these additional changes:
- Before school care will be offered starting at 9:00 a.m.
- School will begin at 10 a.m. for Middle School/High School and 10:15 a.m. for Elementary.
- K4 and half day Kindergarten classes will begin at 10:15 a.m. and conclude at 12:15 p.m. in the event of a two hour delay.
- Bus stops will pick up from 9:10 a.m. – 9:20 a.m.